BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 31, 2011

The Chaos

I prodded the sleeping bag gently. His only response was a slight grumble and continued snoring.
"Patrick."
The sun burned in my eyes and the dizzy headache i felt from last night resurfaced again. I didnt even bother to fight it, fell back obligingly on my bed. Tired. Could it really only had been yesterday?
The doors burst open and more sunlight streamed in, blinding me and bringing another wave of lightning headaches. I swore. About 10 soldiers covered the bedside, not allowing any escapes. 20 more stood outside,weapons held at ready. I tensed, my hand immediately sliding down to my belt, gripping nothingness. Surprised, I looked down. My gun was not there.
Agent Agadd entered the room silently, dressed in full battle gear. Two men in dignified suits were at his side, one holding a white briefcase and the other black. I recognized them as his lawyers. He stepped forward, cocking my gun. "We had to disable your weapons as neccessary precaution."
I felt my old anger returning, the familiar tingling of the scars on my arm. Holding it at bay, I cleared my throat and said, "I thought I hid it pretty good."
"You did," he said. "But we did better."
With that statement, his lawyer opened the black briefcase and its contents spilled out. It was all bluetooth devices, tracking signals, trigger-activated grenades and mini bugs. With a shock, I realized it was all Patrick's. My anger returned full-scale and I couldn't hold it back any longer. My left arm snapped up and immediately 20 gun barrels focused intently on me. I hesitated, my fingers quivering inches from Agadd's throat. He smiled grimly.
"Shoot me," I growled. "I don't care."
The villain just beamed wider. Half the guns suddenly changed their target, resting on Patrick's still sleeping form. My heart skipped a beat. I forced my fingers close one by one and withdrew my hand, clenching it into a fist.
"You didn't have to do this," I said quietly.
Agadd's smile dissapeared. "Oh, I think its was a good thing I did, Miele," he said harshly.

0 comments: